Position: Accounts Payable Supervisor (based in Jakarta, Indonesia)
Duration/Level of Effort:
This is a part-time position. Level of Effort is expected to be 34 hours per week.
Background of SFP:
The mission of Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) is to maintain healthy ocean ecosystems, enhance livelihoods and secure food supplies. SFP improves access to information that can guide responsible seafood sourcing, and enhances the ability of seafood companies and partners to work with governments to improve policies and management practices in support of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture sectors. Visit www.sustainablefish.org to learn more.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The anticipated start date for this position is May 1, 2019. The Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor provides supervision and leadership to the Accounts Payable (AP) & Admin Support position to ensure accuracy, compliancy, and timeliness of vendor and staff payments and that all transactions are adhere to SFP policies, procedures, and internal controls. The AP supervisor maintains the AP transactions in SAGE MIP to ensure that AP balances for vendors are accurate and current. In addition, the position works closely with the Accounts Payable (AP) Manager to successfully handle vendor and staff payment issues and concerns. Key activities include:
- Supervise AP-related activities of the AP & Admin Support position
- Work closely with the AP & Admin Support position and AP Manager to solve all problems related to AP (requests, inquiries, issues, etc.).
- Prepare payment for vendor and staff including verify payment amount and payment currency and ensure invoices and payments are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and AP related internal controls.
- Enter payments to the bank in a timely manner per corporate payment schedule.
- Upload service claims, invoices, and reclassification transactions from AP System to SAGE MIP; enter other AP transaction journals to SAGE MIP.
- Prepare bank account registration forms and enter that information to the Bank.
- Enter vendor and staff master data in SAGE MIP.
- Enter AP payments, credit memo transactions, gain or loss from exchange rate, credit card transactions, Trinet/Altres/Globalization Partners payroll adjustments and cash advance journals into SAGE MIP.
- Enter bank deposits to SAGE MIP transaction journal.
- Distribute payment exchange rate and gain loss information to the AP & Admin Support position for non-USD Payment.
- Verify supporting document provided by the AP & Admin Support position for grant reporting and audit purposes.
- Other administrative matters and projects assigned by AP Manager.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum a Diploma or Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with major in finance & accounting or a closely related field.
- At least three years of experience in Accounts Payable, or satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties
- Supervisory or team lead experience
- Must be motivated, efficient, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to SFP mission
- Ability to travel up to 10-15 days per year (1 international trip and 1-3 domestic trips)
Competitive, based on experience and qualifications.
The application deadline is March 15; all inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates should submit the following materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Accounts Payable Supervisor”:
- letter of interest (no more than 1 page)