Position Description and Responsibilities: The anticipated start date for this full-time position is as early as December 16, 2019. The Finance Manager reports to the CFO and is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day finance operations of the organization. This includes preparation of financial reports and grant reports to the funders, maintaining accurate general ledger, performing account reconciliations, maintaining accounts receivable records, and preparing recurring tax filings.
- Manage day-to-day financial operations activities of expense reporting, invoicing/billing, and income accounting
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare journal entries, record transactions, review and verify accuracy
- Maintain and update complex Excel files for actual and budget reporting; ensure that reports generated by the database are accurate and complete; and help generate forecast and financial reports for use by management
- Issue accounts receivable invoices, maintain detailed accounts receivable records, and follow up on outstanding balances
- Responsible for the preparation of audit schedules and supporting documentation
- Responsible for preparation of grant financial reports to funders.
- Assist program/project managers with issues related to funds availability, expense reclassifications, and budget compliance
- Assist in creating department accounting policies
- Responsible for recommending actions to resolve variances and investigating questionable data
- Prepare recurring tax preparation and maintains accurate 1099 vendor data
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and minimum 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Must have advanced skills in Excel, including pivot tables
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost accounting principles including US-Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of staff from various cultures and countries
- Ability to comfortably read, write, and speak in English
- Ability to maintain information in strict confidentiality
Desirable Qualifications & Skills:
- Scheduling flexibility to accommodate a virtual organization with staff working from home offices around the globe
- Ability to work productively in a remote office setting (i.e., primarily via Skype, email, webinars, and other electronic means, etc.)
- Experience working for a non-profit organization, charity or NGO
- Experience working with government and foundation grants
Duration/Level of Effort: This is a full-time, permanent employee position. Level of Effort is expected to be 40 hours per week.
Compensation: Competitive and based on experience.
Application: The deadline is 12 December 2019; all inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates should submit the following to [email protected] with the subject line “Finance Manager”:
- letter of interest (no more than 1 page)
Background of SFP: The mission of Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) is to maintain healthy ocean ecosystems, enhance livelihoods and secure food supplies. SFP improves access to information that can guide responsible seafood sourcing, and enhances the ability of seafood companies and partners to work with governments to improve policies and management practices in support of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture sectors. Visit www.sustainablefish.org to learn more.